San Francisco Bay Area national parks produce a variety of products designed to meet the needs of different audiences. All of the products available from the menus to the right, in addition to journal articles, book references, and researchers, are also posted under individual topic pages.
The kinds of products provided here are not all inclusive, but rather represent the most common and most requested types:
- Monthly Updates: E-mail newsletters with brief highlights from the Inventory & Monitoring and natural resource programs from across the entire network of Bay Area national parks
Multimedia: Audio, picture slideshow, and/or video productions on a variety of natural resource topics
- Brochures: Two-page foldable publications meant to be a transportable way to educate the public about the parks and their resources. Additionally, a collection of park brochures from around the country (searchable by year or park) can be found here.
- Newsletters: Multi-page publications with short articles about park resources including the Parks for Science publication of the Pacific Coast Science and Learning Center as well as other select national NPS and programmatic newsletters
- Fact Sheets: One or two-page documents describing a particular program or resource
- Resource Briefs: Two-page documents summarizing status, trends, monitoring, or research related to specific resources
- Species Lists: Lists of species in a particular category (e.g. plants or butterflies) for a given park
- Reports: Probably the broadest category of product, it includes things like annual and five-year, project, and monitoring reports that are fairly in-depth and technical
- Protocols: Detailed summaries of how monitoring and other data are collected
- Management Documents: Documents related to the parks’ management of particular natural resources - more general management documents are located under the park pages
- Posters & Presentations: Poster and Powerpoint presentations from National Park-related conferences and symposia in PDF form
- Data & Maps: Links to where data and maps from NPS and other agencies can be found